Subject: CVE-2023-52441: ksmbd: fix out of bounds in init_smb2_rsp_hdr()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ksmbd: fix out of bounds in init_smb2_rsp_hdr()

If client send smb2 negotiate request and then send smb1 negotiate
request, init_smb2_rsp_hdr is called for smb1 negotiate request since
need_neg is set to false. This patch ignore smb1 packets after ->need_neg
is set to false.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52441 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.145 with commit 5c0df9d30c28
	Fixed in 6.1.53 with commit 330d900620df
	Fixed in 6.4.16 with commit aa669ef229ae
	Fixed in 6.5 with commit 536bb492d39b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52441
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/server/server.c
	fs/smb/server/smb_common.c
	fs/smb/server/smb_common.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c0df9d30c289d6b9d7d44e2a450de2f8e3cf40b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/330d900620dfc9893011d725b3620cd2ee0bc2bc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa669ef229ae8dd779da9caa24e254964545895f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/536bb492d39bb6c080c92f31e8a55fe9934f452b