Subject: CVE-2023-52436: f2fs: explicitly null-terminate the xattr list

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: explicitly null-terminate the xattr list

When setting an xattr, explicitly null-terminate the xattr list.  This
eliminates the fragile assumption that the unused xattr space is always
zeroed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52436 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.306 with commit 16ae3132ff77
	Fixed in 5.4.268 with commit 12cf91e23b12
	Fixed in 5.10.209 with commit 3e47740091b0
	Fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 32a6cfc67675
	Fixed in 6.1.74 with commit 5de9e9dd1828
	Fixed in 6.6.13 with commit 2525d1ba225b
	Fixed in 6.7.1 with commit f6c30bfe5a49
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit e26b6d39270f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52436
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/xattr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16ae3132ff7746894894927c1892493693b89135
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/12cf91e23b126718a96b914f949f2cdfeadc7b2a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e47740091b05ac8d7836a33afd8646b6863ca52
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/32a6cfc67675ee96fe107aeed5af9776fec63f11
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5de9e9dd1828db9b8b962f7ca42548bd596deb8a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2525d1ba225b5c167162fa344013c408e8b4de36
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6c30bfe5a49bc38cae985083a11016800708fea
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e26b6d39270f5eab0087453d9b544189a38c8564