Subject: CVE-2022-49024: can: m_can: pci: add missing m_can_class_free_dev() in probe/remove methods

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

can: m_can: pci: add missing m_can_class_free_dev() in probe/remove methods

In m_can_pci_remove() and error handling path of m_can_pci_probe(),
m_can_class_free_dev() should be called to free resource allocated by
m_can_class_allocate_dev(), otherwise there will be memleak.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49024 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit cab7ffc0324f and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit ea8dc27bb044
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit cab7ffc0324f and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit 0bbb88651ef6
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit cab7ffc0324f and fixed in 6.1 with commit 1eca1d4cc21b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49024
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/can/m_can/m_can_pci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea8dc27bb044e19868155e500ce397007be98656
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0bbb88651ef6b7fbb1bf75ec7ba69add632e834b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1eca1d4cc21b6d0fc5f9a390339804c0afce9439