Subject: CVE-2022-49012: afs: Fix server->active leak in afs_put_server

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

afs: Fix server->active leak in afs_put_server

The atomic_read was accidentally replaced with atomic_inc_return,
which prevents the server from getting cleaned up and causes rmmod
to hang with a warning:

    Can't purge s=00000001

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49012 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 2757a4dc1849 and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit c5078548c29c
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 2757a4dc1849 and fixed in 6.1 with commit ef4d3ea40565

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49012
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/afs/server.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5078548c29c735f71b05053659c0cb294e738ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef4d3ea40565a781c25847e9cb96c1bd9f462bc6