Subject: CVE-2022-49011: hwmon: (coretemp) fix pci device refcount leak in nv1a_ram_new()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hwmon: (coretemp) fix pci device refcount leak in nv1a_ram_new()

As comment of pci_get_domain_bus_and_slot() says, it returns
a pci device with refcount increment, when finish using it,
the caller must decrement the reference count by calling
pci_dev_put(). So call it after using to avoid refcount leak.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49011 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 4.9.335 with commit bb75a0d1223d
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 4.14.301 with commit 0dd1da5a15ee
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 4.19.268 with commit 2f74cffc7c85
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 5.4.226 with commit ea5844f946b1
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 5.10.158 with commit c40db1e5f316
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit 6e035d5a2a6b
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit f598da27acbe
	Issue introduced in 3.14 with commit 14513ee696a0 and fixed in 6.1 with commit 7dec14537c59

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49011
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb75a0d1223d43f97089841aecb28a9b4de687a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0dd1da5a15eeecb2fe4cf131b3216fb455af783c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2f74cffc7c85f770b1b1833dccb03b8cde3be102
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea5844f946b1ec5c0b7c115cd7684f34fd48021b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c40db1e5f316792b557d2be37e447c20d9ac4635
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e035d5a2a6b907cfce9a80c5f442c2e459cd34e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f598da27acbeee414679cacd14294db3e273e3d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7dec14537c5906b8bf40fd6fd6d9c3850f8df11d