Subject: CVE-2022-48995: Input: raydium_ts_i2c - fix memory leak in raydium_i2c_send()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Input: raydium_ts_i2c - fix memory leak in raydium_i2c_send()

There is a kmemleak when test the raydium_i2c_ts with bpf mock device:

  unreferenced object 0xffff88812d3675a0 (size 8):
    comm "python3", pid 349, jiffies 4294741067 (age 95.695s)
    hex dump (first 8 bytes):
      11 0e 10 c0 01 00 04 00                          ........
    backtrace:
      [<0000000068427125>] __kmalloc+0x46/0x1b0
      [<0000000090180f91>] raydium_i2c_send+0xd4/0x2bf [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<000000006e631aee>] raydium_i2c_initialize.cold+0xbc/0x3e4 [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<00000000dc6fcf38>] raydium_i2c_probe+0x3cd/0x6bc [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<00000000a310de16>] i2c_device_probe+0x651/0x680
      [<00000000f5a96bf3>] really_probe+0x17c/0x3f0
      [<00000000096ba499>] __driver_probe_device+0xe3/0x170
      [<00000000c5acb4d9>] driver_probe_device+0x49/0x120
      [<00000000264fe082>] __device_attach_driver+0xf7/0x150
      [<00000000f919423c>] bus_for_each_drv+0x114/0x180
      [<00000000e067feca>] __device_attach+0x1e5/0x2d0
      [<0000000054301fc2>] bus_probe_device+0x126/0x140
      [<00000000aad93b22>] device_add+0x810/0x1130
      [<00000000c086a53f>] i2c_new_client_device+0x352/0x4e0
      [<000000003c2c248c>] of_i2c_register_device+0xf1/0x110
      [<00000000ffec4177>] of_i2c_notify+0x100/0x160
  unreferenced object 0xffff88812d3675c8 (size 8):
    comm "python3", pid 349, jiffies 4294741070 (age 95.692s)
    hex dump (first 8 bytes):
      22 00 36 2d 81 88 ff ff                          ".6-....
    backtrace:
      [<0000000068427125>] __kmalloc+0x46/0x1b0
      [<0000000090180f91>] raydium_i2c_send+0xd4/0x2bf [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<000000001d5c9620>] raydium_i2c_initialize.cold+0x223/0x3e4 [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<00000000dc6fcf38>] raydium_i2c_probe+0x3cd/0x6bc [raydium_i2c_ts]
      [<00000000a310de16>] i2c_device_probe+0x651/0x680
      [<00000000f5a96bf3>] really_probe+0x17c/0x3f0
      [<00000000096ba499>] __driver_probe_device+0xe3/0x170
      [<00000000c5acb4d9>] driver_probe_device+0x49/0x120
      [<00000000264fe082>] __device_attach_driver+0xf7/0x150
      [<00000000f919423c>] bus_for_each_drv+0x114/0x180
      [<00000000e067feca>] __device_attach+0x1e5/0x2d0
      [<0000000054301fc2>] bus_probe_device+0x126/0x140
      [<00000000aad93b22>] device_add+0x810/0x1130
      [<00000000c086a53f>] i2c_new_client_device+0x352/0x4e0
      [<000000003c2c248c>] of_i2c_register_device+0xf1/0x110
      [<00000000ffec4177>] of_i2c_notify+0x100/0x160

After BANK_SWITCH command from i2c BUS, no matter success or error
happened, the tx_buf should be freed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48995 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 3b384bd6c3f2 and fixed in 5.10.158 with commit a82869ac52f3
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 3b384bd6c3f2 and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit 53b9b1201e34
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 3b384bd6c3f2 and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit 097c1c7a28e3
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 3b384bd6c3f2 and fixed in 6.1 with commit 8c9a59939deb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48995
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/input/touchscreen/raydium_i2c_ts.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a82869ac52f3d9db4b2cf8fd41edc2dee7a75a61
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53b9b1201e34ccc895971218559123625c56fbcd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/097c1c7a28e3da8f2811ba532be6e81faab15aab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c9a59939deb4bfafdc451100c03d1e848b4169b