Subject: CVE-2022-48970: af_unix: Get user_ns from in_skb in unix_diag_get_exact().

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

af_unix: Get user_ns from in_skb in unix_diag_get_exact().

Wei Chen reported a NULL deref in sk_user_ns() [0][1], and Paolo diagnosed
the root cause: in unix_diag_get_exact(), the newly allocated skb does not
have sk. [2]

We must get the user_ns from the NETLINK_CB(in_skb).sk and pass it to
sk_diag_fill().

[0]:
BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 0000000000000270
#PF: supervisor read access in kernel mode
#PF: error_code(0x0000) - not-present page
PGD 12bbce067 P4D 12bbce067 PUD 12bc40067 PMD 0
Oops: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
CPU: 0 PID: 27942 Comm: syz-executor.0 Not tainted 6.1.0-rc5-next-20221118 #2
Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS
rel-1.13.0-48-gd9c812dda519-prebuilt.qemu.org 04/01/2014
RIP: 0010:sk_user_ns include/net/sock.h:920 [inline]
RIP: 0010:sk_diag_dump_uid net/unix/diag.c:119 [inline]
RIP: 0010:sk_diag_fill+0x77d/0x890 net/unix/diag.c:170
Code: 89 ef e8 66 d4 2d fd c7 44 24 40 00 00 00 00 49 8d 7c 24 18 e8
54 d7 2d fd 49 8b 5c 24 18 48 8d bb 70 02 00 00 e8 43 d7 2d fd <48> 8b
9b 70 02 00 00 48 8d 7b 10 e8 33 d7 2d fd 48 8b 5b 10 48 8d
RSP: 0018:ffffc90000d67968 EFLAGS: 00010246
RAX: ffff88812badaa48 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: ffffffff840d481d
RDX: 0000000000000465 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 0000000000000270
RBP: ffffc90000d679a8 R08: 0000000000000277 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0001ffffffffffff R11: 0001c90000d679a8 R12: ffff88812ac03800
R13: ffff88812c87c400 R14: ffff88812ae42210 R15: ffff888103026940
FS:  00007f08b4e6f700(0000) GS:ffff88813bc00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000000000000270 CR3: 000000012c58b000 CR4: 00000000003506f0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 unix_diag_get_exact net/unix/diag.c:285 [inline]
 unix_diag_handler_dump+0x3f9/0x500 net/unix/diag.c:317
 __sock_diag_cmd net/core/sock_diag.c:235 [inline]
 sock_diag_rcv_msg+0x237/0x250 net/core/sock_diag.c:266
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x13e/0x250 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2564
 sock_diag_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/core/sock_diag.c:277
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x5e9/0x6b0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1356
 netlink_sendmsg+0x739/0x860 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1932
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:734 [inline]
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x38f/0x500 net/socket.c:2476
 ___sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2530 [inline]
 __sys_sendmsg+0x197/0x230 net/socket.c:2559
 __do_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2568 [inline]
 __se_sys_sendmsg net/socket.c:2566 [inline]
 __x64_sys_sendmsg+0x42/0x50 net/socket.c:2566
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x2b/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd
RIP: 0033:0x4697f9
Code: f7 d8 64 89 02 b8 ff ff ff ff c3 66 0f 1f 44 00 00 48 89 f8 48
89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d
01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 bc ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007f08b4e6ec48 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 000000000077bf80 RCX: 00000000004697f9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00000000200001c0 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000004d29e9 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 000000000077bf80
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 000000000077bf80 R15: 00007ffdb36bc6c0
 </TASK>
Modules linked in:
CR2: 0000000000000270

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48970 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit cae9910e7344 and fixed in 5.4.227 with commit c66d78aee55d
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit cae9910e7344 and fixed in 5.10.159 with commit 575a6266f63d
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit cae9910e7344 and fixed in 5.15.83 with commit 5c014eb0ed6c
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit cae9910e7344 and fixed in 6.0.13 with commit 9c1d6f79a2c7
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit cae9910e7344 and fixed in 6.1 with commit b3abe42e9490

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48970
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/unix/diag.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c66d78aee55dab72c92020ebfbebc464d4f5dd2a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/575a6266f63dbb3b8eb1da03671451f0d81b8034
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c014eb0ed6c8c57f483e94cc6e90f34ce426d91
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c1d6f79a2c7b8221dcec27defc6dc461052ead4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b3abe42e94900bdd045c472f9c9be620ba5ce553