Subject: CVE-2022-48958: ethernet: aeroflex: fix potential skb leak in greth_init_rings()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ethernet: aeroflex: fix potential skb leak in greth_init_rings()

The greth_init_rings() function won't free the newly allocated skb when
dma_mapping_error() returns error, so add dev_kfree_skb() to fix it.

Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48958 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 4.9.336 with commit 223654e2e2c8
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 4.14.302 with commit cb1e293f858e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 4.19.269 with commit bfaa8f6c5b84
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 5.4.227 with commit 99669d94ce14
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 5.10.159 with commit 87277bdf2c37
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 5.15.83 with commit c7adcbd0fd3f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 6.0.13 with commit dd62867a6383
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit d4c41139df6e and fixed in 6.1 with commit 063a932b64db

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48958
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/aeroflex/greth.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/223654e2e2c8d05347cd8e300f8d1ec6023103dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cb1e293f858e5e1152b8791047ed4bdaaf392189
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bfaa8f6c5b84b295dd73b0138b57c5555ca12b1c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/99669d94ce145389f1d6f197e6e18ed50d43fb76
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87277bdf2c370ab2d07cfe77dfa9b37f82bbe1e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c7adcbd0fd3fde1b19150c3e955fb4a30c5bd9b7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd62867a6383f78f75f07039394aac25924a3307
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/063a932b64db3317ec020c94466fe52923a15f60