Subject: CVE-2022-48930: RDMA/ib_srp: Fix a deadlock

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/ib_srp: Fix a deadlock

Remove the flush_workqueue(system_long_wq) call since flushing
system_long_wq is deadlock-prone and since that call is redundant with a
preceding cancel_work_sync()

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48930 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 4.9.304 with commit 8cc342508f9e
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 4.14.269 with commit 4752fafb4618
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 4.19.232 with commit d7997d19dfa7
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 5.4.182 with commit 901206f71e6a
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 5.10.103 with commit 99eb8d694174
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 5.15.26 with commit c8b56e51aa91
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 5.16.12 with commit 98d056603ce5
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit ef6c49d87c34 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 081bdc9fe05b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48930
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/ulp/srp/ib_srp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8cc342508f9e7fdccd2e9758ae9d52aff72dab7f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4752fafb461821f8c8581090c923ababba68c5bd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7997d19dfa7001ca41e971cd9efd091bb195b51
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/901206f71e6ad2b2e7accefc5199a438d173c25f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/99eb8d694174c777558dc902d575d1997d5ca650
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8b56e51aa91b8e7df3a98388dce3fdabd15c1d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98d056603ce55ceb90631b3927151c190dfb1b27
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/081bdc9fe05bb23248f5effb6f811da3da4b8252