Subject: CVE-2022-48925: RDMA/cma: Do not change route.addr.src_addr outside state checks

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/cma: Do not change route.addr.src_addr outside state checks

If the state is not idle then resolve_prepare_src() should immediately
fail and no change to global state should happen. However, it
unconditionally overwrites the src_addr trying to build a temporary any
address.

For instance if the state is already RDMA_CM_LISTEN then this will corrupt
the src_addr and would cause the test in cma_cancel_operation():

           if (cma_any_addr(cma_src_addr(id_priv)) && !id_priv->cma_dev)

Which would manifest as this trace from syzkaller:

  BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in __list_add_valid+0x93/0xa0 lib/list_debug.c:26
  Read of size 8 at addr ffff8881546491e0 by task syz-executor.1/32204

  CPU: 1 PID: 32204 Comm: syz-executor.1 Not tainted 5.12.0-rc8-syzkaller #0
  Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
  Call Trace:
   __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:79 [inline]
   dump_stack+0x141/0x1d7 lib/dump_stack.c:120
   print_address_description.constprop.0.cold+0x5b/0x2f8 mm/kasan/report.c:232
   __kasan_report mm/kasan/report.c:399 [inline]
   kasan_report.cold+0x7c/0xd8 mm/kasan/report.c:416
   __list_add_valid+0x93/0xa0 lib/list_debug.c:26
   __list_add include/linux/list.h:67 [inline]
   list_add_tail include/linux/list.h:100 [inline]
   cma_listen_on_all drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c:2557 [inline]
   rdma_listen+0x787/0xe00 drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c:3751
   ucma_listen+0x16a/0x210 drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c:1102
   ucma_write+0x259/0x350 drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c:1732
   vfs_write+0x28e/0xa30 fs/read_write.c:603
   ksys_write+0x1ee/0x250 fs/read_write.c:658
   do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
   entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

This is indicating that an rdma_id_private was destroyed without doing
cma_cancel_listens().

Instead of trying to re-use the src_addr memory to indirectly create an
any address derived from the dst build one explicitly on the stack and
bind to that as any other normal flow would do. rdma_bind_addr() will copy
it over the src_addr once it knows the state is valid.

This is similar to commit bc0bdc5afaa7 ("RDMA/cma: Do not change
route.addr.src_addr.ss_family")

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48925 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 732d41c545bb and fixed in 5.10.103 with commit 5b1cef5798b4
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 732d41c545bb and fixed in 5.15.26 with commit 00265efbd3e5
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 732d41c545bb and fixed in 5.16.12 with commit d350724795c7
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 732d41c545bb and fixed in 5.17 with commit 22e9f71072fa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48925
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b1cef5798b4fd6e4fd5522e7b8a26248beeacaa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/00265efbd3e5705038c9492a434fda8cf960c8a2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d350724795c7a48b05bf921d94699fbfecf7da0b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22e9f71072fa605cbf033158db58e0790101928d