Subject: CVE-2022-48905: ibmvnic: free reset-work-item when flushing

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ibmvnic: free reset-work-item when flushing

Fix a tiny memory leak when flushing the reset work queue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48905 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 4.19.233 with commit 786576c03b31
	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 5.4.183 with commit 58b07100c20e
	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 5.10.104 with commit 6acbc8875282
	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 5.15.27 with commit 39738a2346b2
	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 5.16.13 with commit 4c26745e4576
	Issue introduced in 4.18 with commit 2770a7984db5 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 8d0657f39f48

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48905
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/786576c03b313a9ff6585458aa0dfd039d897f51
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/58b07100c20e95c78b8cb4d6d28ca53eb9ef81f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6acbc8875282d3ca8a73fa93cd7a9b166de5019c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/39738a2346b270e8f72f88d8856de2c167bd2899
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c26745e4576cec224092e6cc12e37829333b183
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8d0657f39f487d904fca713e0bc39c2707382553