Subject: CVE-2022-48888: drm/msm/dpu: Fix memory leak in msm_mdss_parse_data_bus_icc_path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/msm/dpu: Fix memory leak in msm_mdss_parse_data_bus_icc_path

of_icc_get() alloc resources for path1, we should release it when not
need anymore. Early return when IS_ERR_OR_NULL(path0) may leak path1.
Defer getting path1 to fix this.

Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/514264/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48888 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit b9364eed9232 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit c6fa1de83fd8
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit b9364eed9232 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 45dac1352b55

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48888
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_mdss.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c6fa1de83fd87267ab24359e6fa52f98f5cee3f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45dac1352b55b1d8cb17f218936b2bc2bc1fb4ee