Subject: CVE-2022-48886: ice: Add check for kzalloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ice: Add check for kzalloc

Add the check for the return value of kzalloc in order to avoid
NULL pointer dereference.
Moreover, use the goto-label to share the clean code.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48886 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit d6b98c8d242a and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 96a987318855
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit d6b98c8d242a and fixed in 6.2 with commit 40543b3d9d2c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48886
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_gnss.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96a9873188552ebb2afe76033d7329a5ecabef6e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/40543b3d9d2c13227ecd3aa90a713c201d1d7f09