Subject: CVE-2022-48885: ice: Fix potential memory leak in ice_gnss_tty_write()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ice: Fix potential memory leak in ice_gnss_tty_write()

The ice_gnss_tty_write() return directly if the write_buf alloc failed,
leaking the cmd_buf.

Fix by free cmd_buf if write_buf alloc failed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48885 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit d6b98c8d242a and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 500ca1da9d08
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit d6b98c8d242a and fixed in 6.2 with commit f58985620f55

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48885
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_gnss.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/500ca1da9d0876244eb4d1b0ece6fa0e9968d45d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f58985620f55580a07d40062c4115d8c9cf6ae27