Subject: CVE-2022-48882: net/mlx5e: Fix macsec possible null dereference when updating MAC security entity (SecY)

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5e: Fix macsec possible null dereference when updating MAC security entity (SecY)

Upon updating MAC security entity (SecY) in hw offload path, the macsec
security association (SA) initialization routine is called. In case of
extended packet number (epn) is enabled the salt and ssci attributes are
retrieved using the MACsec driver rx_sa context which is unavailable when
updating a SecY property such as encoding-sa hence the null dereference.
Fix by using the provided SA to set those attributes.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48882 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit 4411a6c0abd3 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 514d9c6a3921
	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit 4411a6c0abd3 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 9828994ac492

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48882
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/macsec.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/514d9c6a39213d8200884e70f60ce7faef1ee597
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9828994ac492e8e7de47fe66097b7e665328f348