Subject: CVE-2022-48881: platform/x86/amd: Fix refcount leak in amd_pmc_probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

platform/x86/amd: Fix refcount leak in amd_pmc_probe

pci_get_domain_bus_and_slot() takes reference, the caller should release
the reference by calling pci_dev_put() after use. Call pci_dev_put() in
the error path to fix this.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48881 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3d7d407dfb05 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 394416282129
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3d7d407dfb05 and fixed in 6.2 with commit ccb32e2be142

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48881
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/platform/x86/amd/pmc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3944162821295993ec89992dec98ab6be6306cc0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ccb32e2be14271a60e9ba89c6d5660cc9998773c