Subject: CVE-2022-48820: phy: stm32: fix a refcount leak in stm32_usbphyc_pll_enable()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

phy: stm32: fix a refcount leak in stm32_usbphyc_pll_enable()

This error path needs to decrement "usbphyc->n_pll_cons.counter" before
returning.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48820 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 5b1af71280ab and fixed in 5.15.24 with commit 94b16ca86ab6
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 5b1af71280ab and fixed in 5.16.10 with commit 0ad1a88fa3eb
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 5b1af71280ab and fixed in 5.17 with commit cfc826c88a79

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48820
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/phy/st/phy-stm32-usbphyc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94b16ca86ab688ed6fad4548f70137f93cf1f0a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0ad1a88fa3eb0ded7798f52b79bc33f75fc9a6d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cfc826c88a79e22ba5d8001556eb2c7efd8a01b6