Subject: CVE-2022-48789: nvme-tcp: fix possible use-after-free in transport error_recovery work

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme-tcp: fix possible use-after-free in transport error_recovery work

While nvme_tcp_submit_async_event_work is checking the ctrl and queue
state before preparing the AER command and scheduling io_work, in order
to fully prevent a race where this check is not reliable the error
recovery work must flush async_event_work before continuing to destroy
the admin queue after setting the ctrl state to RESETTING such that
there is no race .submit_async_event and the error recovery handler
itself changing the ctrl state.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48789 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.181 with commit 61a26ffd5ad3
	Fixed in 5.10.102 with commit e192184cf8bc
	Fixed in 5.15.25 with commit 5e42fca37ccc
	Fixed in 5.16.11 with commit bb0d8fb35c4f
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit ff9fc7ebf5c0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48789
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/tcp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/61a26ffd5ad3ece456d74c4c79f7b5e3f440a141
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e192184cf8bce8dd55d619f5611a2eaba996fa05
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e42fca37ccc76f39f73732661bd47254cad5982
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb0d8fb35c4ff00a503c2c4dca4cce8d102a21c4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff9fc7ebf5c06de1ef72a69f9b1ab40af8b07f9e