Subject: CVE-2022-48788: nvme-rdma: fix possible use-after-free in transport error_recovery work

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme-rdma: fix possible use-after-free in transport error_recovery work

While nvme_rdma_submit_async_event_work is checking the ctrl and queue
state before preparing the AER command and scheduling io_work, in order
to fully prevent a race where this check is not reliable the error
recovery work must flush async_event_work before continuing to destroy
the admin queue after setting the ctrl state to RESETTING such that
there is no race .submit_async_event and the error recovery handler
itself changing the ctrl state.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48788 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.231 with commit 5593f72d1922
	Fixed in 5.4.181 with commit d411b2a5da68
	Fixed in 5.10.102 with commit 324f5bdc52ec
	Fixed in 5.15.25 with commit 646952b2210f
	Fixed in 5.16.11 with commit ea86027ac467
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit b6bb1722f34b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48788
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5593f72d1922403c11749532e3a0aa4cf61414e9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d411b2a5da68b8a130c23097014434ac140a2ace
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/324f5bdc52ecb6a6dadb31a62823ef8c709d1439
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/646952b2210f19e584d2bf9eb5d092abdca2fcc1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea86027ac467a055849c4945906f799e7f65ab99
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6bb1722f34bbdbabed27acdceaf585d300c5fd2