Subject: CVE-2022-48775: Drivers: hv: vmbus: Fix memory leak in vmbus_add_channel_kobj

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Drivers: hv: vmbus: Fix memory leak in vmbus_add_channel_kobj

kobject_init_and_add() takes reference even when it fails.
According to the doc of kobject_init_and_add()：

   If this function returns an error, kobject_put() must be called to
   properly clean up the memory associated with the object.

Fix memory leak by calling kobject_put().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48775 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 4.19.231 with commit 417947891bd5
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 5.4.181 with commit fe595759c2a4
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 5.10.102 with commit 91d8866ca552
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 5.15.25 with commit c377e2ba78d3
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 5.16.11 with commit 92e25b637cd4
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit c2e5df616e1a and fixed in 5.17 with commit 8bc69f86328e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48775
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hv/vmbus_drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/417947891bd5ae327f15efed1a0da2b12ef24962
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe595759c2a4a5bb41c438474f15947d8ae32f5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/91d8866ca55232d21995a3d54fac96de33c9e20c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c377e2ba78d3fe9a1f0b4ec424e75f81da7e81e9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/92e25b637cd4e010f776c86e4810300e773eac5c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8bc69f86328e87a0ffa79438430cc82f3aa6a194