Subject: CVE-2022-48774: dmaengine: ptdma: Fix the error handling path in pt_core_init()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: ptdma: Fix the error handling path in pt_core_init()

In order to free resources correctly in the error handling path of
pt_core_init(), 2 goto's have to be switched. Otherwise, some resources
will leak and we will try to release things that have not been allocated
yet.

Also move a dev_err() to a place where it is more meaningful.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48774 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit fa5d823b16a9 and fixed in 5.15.25 with commit 3e41445287af
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit fa5d823b16a9 and fixed in 5.16.11 with commit d7de1e4820c5
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit fa5d823b16a9 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 3c62fd3406e0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48774
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e41445287afa3cf6d572778e5aab31d25e60a8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7de1e4820c5a42441ff7276174c8c0e63575c1b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3c62fd3406e0b2277c76a6984d3979c7f3f1d129