Subject: CVE-2022-48773: xprtrdma: fix pointer derefs in error cases of rpcrdma_ep_create

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

xprtrdma: fix pointer derefs in error cases of rpcrdma_ep_create

If there are failures then we must not leave the non-NULL pointers with
the error value, otherwise `rpcrdma_ep_destroy` gets confused and tries
free them, resulting in an Oops.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48773 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.102 with commit 1e7433fb95cc
	Fixed in 5.15.25 with commit 9921c866dc36
	Fixed in 5.16.11 with commit 2526d4d8b209
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit a9c10b5b3b67

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48773
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/verbs.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e7433fb95ccc01629a5edaa4ced0cd8c98d0ae0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9921c866dc369577c3ebb9adf2383b01b58c18de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2526d4d8b209dc5ac1fbeb468149774888b2a141
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9c10b5b3b67b3750a10c8b089b2e05f5e176e33