Subject: CVE-2022-48772: media: lgdt3306a: Add a check against null-pointer-def

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: lgdt3306a: Add a check against null-pointer-def

The driver should check whether the client provides the platform_data.

The following log reveals it:

[   29.610324] BUG: KASAN: null-ptr-deref in kmemdup+0x30/0x40
[   29.610730] Read of size 40 at addr 0000000000000000 by task bash/414
[   29.612820] Call Trace:
[   29.613030]  <TASK>
[   29.613201]  dump_stack_lvl+0x56/0x6f
[   29.613496]  ? kmemdup+0x30/0x40
[   29.613754]  print_report.cold+0x494/0x6b7
[   29.614082]  ? kmemdup+0x30/0x40
[   29.614340]  kasan_report+0x8a/0x190
[   29.614628]  ? kmemdup+0x30/0x40
[   29.614888]  kasan_check_range+0x14d/0x1d0
[   29.615213]  memcpy+0x20/0x60
[   29.615454]  kmemdup+0x30/0x40
[   29.615700]  lgdt3306a_probe+0x52/0x310
[   29.616339]  i2c_device_probe+0x951/0xa90

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48772 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.278 with commit 8915dcd29a82
	Fixed in 5.10.219 with commit b479fd59a1f4
	Fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 526238d32c3a
	Fixed in 6.1.94 with commit d082757b8359
	Fixed in 6.6.34 with commit 7d12e918f299
	Fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 8e1e00718d0d
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit c1115ddbda9c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48772
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/dvb-frontends/lgdt3306a.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8915dcd29a82096acacf54364a8425363782aea0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b479fd59a1f4a342b69fce34f222d93bf791dca4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/526238d32c3acc3d597fd8c9a34652bfe9086cea
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d082757b8359201c3864323cea4b91ea30a1e676
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d12e918f2994c883f41f22552a61b9310fa1e87
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e1e00718d0d9dd83337300572561e30b9c0d115
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c1115ddbda9c930fba0fdd062e7a8873ebaf898d