Subject: CVE-2022-48766: drm/amd/display: Wrap dcn301_calculate_wm_and_dlg for FPU.

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Wrap dcn301_calculate_wm_and_dlg for FPU.

Mirrors the logic for dcn30. Cue lots of WARNs and some
kernel panics without this fix.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48766 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.16.5 with commit 456ba2433844
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit 25f1488bdbba

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48766
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dcn301/dcn301_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn301/dcn301_fpu.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn301/dcn301_fpu.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/456ba2433844a6483cc4c933aa8f43d24575e341
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/25f1488bdbba63415239ff301fe61a8546140d9f