Subject: CVE-2022-48753: block: fix memory leak in disk_register_independent_access_ranges

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

block: fix memory leak in disk_register_independent_access_ranges

kobject_init_and_add() takes reference even when it fails.
According to the doc of kobject_init_and_add()

   If this function returns an error, kobject_put() must be called to
   properly clean up the memory associated with the object.

Fix this issue by adding kobject_put().
Callback function blk_ia_ranges_sysfs_release() in kobject_put()
can handle the pointer "iars" properly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48753 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit a2247f19ee1c and fixed in 5.16.5 with commit fe4214a07e0b
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit a2247f19ee1c and fixed in 5.17 with commit 83114df32ae7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48753
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	block/blk-ia-ranges.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe4214a07e0b53d2af711f57519e33739c5df23f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83114df32ae779df57e0af99a8ba6c3968b2ba3d