Subject: CVE-2022-48739: ASoC: hdmi-codec: Fix OOB memory accesses

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: hdmi-codec: Fix OOB memory accesses

Correct size of iec_status array by changing it to the size of status
array of the struct snd_aes_iec958. This fixes out-of-bounds slab
read accesses made by memcpy() of the hdmi-codec driver. This problem
is reported by KASAN.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48739 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.22 with commit 10007bd96b6c
	Fixed in 5.16.8 with commit 1552e66be325
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit 06feec6005c9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48739
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/uapi/sound/asound.h
	sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10007bd96b6c4c3cfaea9e76c311b06a07a5e260
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1552e66be325a21d7eff49f46013fb402165a0ac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06feec6005c9d9500cd286ec440aabf8b2ddd94d