Subject: CVE-2022-48738: ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_volsw()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: ops: Reject out of bounds values in snd_soc_put_volsw()

We don't currently validate that the values being set are within the range
we advertised to userspace as being valid, do so and reject any values
that are out of range.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48738 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.300 with commit 40f598698129
	Fixed in 4.14.265 with commit 586ef863c943
	Fixed in 4.19.228 with commit 65a61b1f56f5
	Fixed in 5.4.178 with commit 68fd71872428
	Fixed in 5.10.99 with commit a9394f21fba0
	Fixed in 5.15.22 with commit 9e8895f1b3d4
	Fixed in 5.16.8 with commit bb72d2dda855
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit 817f7c9335ec

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48738
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/40f598698129b5ceaf31012f9501b775c7b6e57d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/586ef863c94354a7e00e5ae5ef01443d1dc99bc7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65a61b1f56f5386486757930069fbdce94af08bf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/68fd718724284788fc5f379e0b7cac541429ece7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9394f21fba027147bf275b083c77955864c366a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e8895f1b3d4433f6d78aa6578e9db61ca6e6830
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bb72d2dda85564c66d909108ea6903937a41679d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/817f7c9335ec01e0f5e8caffc4f1dcd5e458a4c0