Subject: CVE-2022-48718: drm: mxsfb: Fix NULL pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm: mxsfb: Fix NULL pointer dereference

mxsfb should not ever dereference the NULL pointer which
drm_atomic_get_new_bridge_state is allowed to return.
Assume a fixed format instead.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48718 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit b776b0f00f24 and fixed in 5.15.27 with commit 86a337bb8030
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit b776b0f00f24 and fixed in 5.16.8 with commit 6f9267e01cca
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit b776b0f00f24 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 622c9a3a7868

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48718
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_kms.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/86a337bb803040e4401b87c974a7fb92efe3d0e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f9267e01cca749137349d8ffb0d0ebbadf567f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/622c9a3a7868e1eeca39c55305ca3ebec4742b64