Subject: CVE-2022-48708: pinctrl: single: fix potential NULL dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

pinctrl: single: fix potential NULL dereference

Added checking of pointer "function" in pcs_set_mux().
pinmux_generic_get_function() can return NULL and the pointer
"function" was dereferenced without checking against NULL.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48708 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 4.14.306 with commit 1177bdafe87c
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 4.19.273 with commit e671e63587c9
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 5.4.232 with commit 2b763f7de108
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 5.10.168 with commit 6e2a0521e4e8
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 5.15.94 with commit 71668706fbe7
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 6.1.12 with commit bcc487001a15
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 571aec4df5b7 and fixed in 6.2 with commit d2d73e6d4822

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48708
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-single.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1177bdafe87cbe543a2dc48a9bbac265aa5864db
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e671e63587c92b3fd767cf82e73129f6d5feeb33
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2b763f7de108cb1a5ad5ed08e617d677341947cb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e2a0521e4e84a2698f2da3950fb5c5496a4d208
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71668706fbe7d20e6f172fa3287fa8aac1b56c26
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bcc487001a15f71f103d102cba4ac8145d7a68f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2d73e6d4822140445ad4a7b1c6091e0f5fe703b