Subject: CVE-2022-48706: vdpa: ifcvf: Do proper cleanup if IFCVF init fails

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

vdpa: ifcvf: Do proper cleanup if IFCVF init fails

ifcvf_mgmt_dev leaks memory if it is not freed before
returning. Call is made to correct return statement
so memory does not leak. ifcvf_init_hw does not take
care of this so it is needed to do it here.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48706 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.13 with commit 5d2cc32c1c10
	Fixed in 6.2 with commit 6b04456e2487

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48706
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d2cc32c1c10bd889125d2adc16a6bc3338dcd3e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6b04456e248761cf68f562f2fd7c04e591fcac94