Subject: CVE-2022-48703: thermal/int340x_thermal: handle data_vault when the value is ZERO_SIZE_PTR

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thermal/int340x_thermal: handle data_vault when the value is ZERO_SIZE_PTR

In some case, the GDDV returns a package with a buffer which has
zero length. It causes that kmemdup() returns ZERO_SIZE_PTR (0x10).

Then the data_vault_read() got NULL point dereference problem when
accessing the 0x10 value in data_vault.

[   71.024560] BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address:
0000000000000010

This patch uses ZERO_OR_NULL_PTR() for checking ZERO_SIZE_PTR or
NULL value in data_vault.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48703 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.19.9 with commit dae42083b045
	Fixed in 6.0 with commit 7931e28098a4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48703
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/int3400_thermal.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dae42083b045a4ddf71c57cf350cb2412b5915c2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7931e28098a4c1a2a6802510b0cbe57546d2049d