Subject: CVE-2022-48695: scsi: mpt3sas: Fix use-after-free warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: mpt3sas: Fix use-after-free warning

Fix the following use-after-free warning which is observed during
controller reset:

refcount_t: underflow; use-after-free.
WARNING: CPU: 23 PID: 5399 at lib/refcount.c:28 refcount_warn_saturate+0xa6/0xf0

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48695 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.328 with commit b8fc9e91b931
	Fixed in 4.14.293 with commit d4959d09b76e
	Fixed in 4.19.258 with commit 82efb917eeb2
	Fixed in 5.4.213 with commit 5682c94644fd
	Fixed in 5.10.143 with commit ea10a652ad2a
	Fixed in 5.15.68 with commit 6229fa494a59
	Fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 41acb064c4e0
	Fixed in 6.0 with commit 991df3dd5144

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48695
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_scsih.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b8fc9e91b931215110ba824d1a2983c5f60b6f82
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4959d09b76eb7a4146f5133962b88d3bddb63d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82efb917eeb27454dc4c6fe26432fc8f6c75bc16
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5682c94644fde72f72bded6580c38189ffc856b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea10a652ad2ae2cf3eced6f632a5c98f26727057
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6229fa494a5949be209bc73afbc5d0a749c2e3c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41acb064c4e013808bc7d5fc1b506fa449425b0b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/991df3dd5144f2e6b1c38b8d20ed3d4d21e20b34