Subject: CVE-2022-48694: RDMA/irdma: Fix drain SQ hang with no completion

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/irdma: Fix drain SQ hang with no completion

SW generated completions for outstanding WRs posted on SQ
after QP is in error target the wrong CQ. This causes the
ib_drain_sq to hang with no completion.

Fix this to generate completions on the right CQ.

[  863.969340] INFO: task kworker/u52:2:671 blocked for more than 122 seconds.
[  863.979224]       Not tainted 5.14.0-130.el9.x86_64 #1
[  863.986588] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
[  863.996997] task:kworker/u52:2   state:D stack:    0 pid:  671 ppid:     2 flags:0x00004000
[  864.007272] Workqueue: xprtiod xprt_autoclose [sunrpc]
[  864.014056] Call Trace:
[  864.017575]  __schedule+0x206/0x580
[  864.022296]  schedule+0x43/0xa0
[  864.026736]  schedule_timeout+0x115/0x150
[  864.032185]  __wait_for_common+0x93/0x1d0
[  864.037717]  ? usleep_range_state+0x90/0x90
[  864.043368]  __ib_drain_sq+0xf6/0x170 [ib_core]
[  864.049371]  ? __rdma_block_iter_next+0x80/0x80 [ib_core]
[  864.056240]  ib_drain_sq+0x66/0x70 [ib_core]
[  864.062003]  rpcrdma_xprt_disconnect+0x82/0x3b0 [rpcrdma]
[  864.069365]  ? xprt_prepare_transmit+0x5d/0xc0 [sunrpc]
[  864.076386]  xprt_rdma_close+0xe/0x30 [rpcrdma]
[  864.082593]  xprt_autoclose+0x52/0x100 [sunrpc]
[  864.088718]  process_one_work+0x1e8/0x3c0
[  864.094170]  worker_thread+0x50/0x3b0
[  864.099109]  ? rescuer_thread+0x370/0x370
[  864.104473]  kthread+0x149/0x170
[  864.109022]  ? set_kthread_struct+0x40/0x40
[  864.114713]  ret_from_fork+0x22/0x30

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48694 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 81091d7696ae and fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 5becc531a3fa
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 81091d7696ae and fixed in 6.0 with commit ead54ced6321

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48694
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/irdma/utils.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14d148401c5202fec3a071e24785481d540b22c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5becc531a3fa8da75158a8993f56cc3e0717716e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ead54ced6321099978d30d62dc49c282a6e70574