Subject: CVE-2022-48691: netfilter: nf_tables: clean up hook list when offload flags check fails

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nf_tables: clean up hook list when offload flags check fails

splice back the hook list so nft_chain_release_hook() has a chance to
release the hooks.

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff88810180b100 (size 96):
  comm "syz-executor133", pid 3619, jiffies 4294945714 (age 12.690s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    28 64 23 02 81 88 ff ff 28 64 23 02 81 88 ff ff  (d#.....(d#.....
    90 a8 aa 83 ff ff ff ff 00 00 b5 0f 81 88 ff ff  ................
  backtrace:
    [<ffffffff83a8c59b>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:600 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83a8c59b>] nft_netdev_hook_alloc+0x3b/0xc0 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:1901
    [<ffffffff83a9239a>] nft_chain_parse_netdev net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:1998 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83a9239a>] nft_chain_parse_hook+0x33a/0x530 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:2073
    [<ffffffff83a9b14b>] nf_tables_addchain.constprop.0+0x10b/0x950 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:2218
    [<ffffffff83a9c41b>] nf_tables_newchain+0xa8b/0xc60 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:2593
    [<ffffffff83a3d6a6>] nfnetlink_rcv_batch+0xa46/0xd20 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:517
    [<ffffffff83a3db79>] nfnetlink_rcv_skb_batch net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:638 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83a3db79>] nfnetlink_rcv+0x1f9/0x220 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:656
    [<ffffffff83a13b17>] netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1319 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83a13b17>] netlink_unicast+0x397/0x4c0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1345
    [<ffffffff83a13fd6>] netlink_sendmsg+0x396/0x710 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1921
    [<ffffffff83865ab6>] sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:714 [inline]
    [<ffffffff83865ab6>] sock_sendmsg+0x56/0x80 net/socket.c:734
    [<ffffffff8386601c>] ____sys_sendmsg+0x36c/0x390 net/socket.c:2482
    [<ffffffff8386a918>] ___sys_sendmsg+0xa8/0x110 net/socket.c:2536
    [<ffffffff8386aaa8>] __sys_sendmsg+0x88/0x100 net/socket.c:2565
    [<ffffffff845e5955>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
    [<ffffffff845e5955>] do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
    [<ffffffff84800087>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48691 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit d54725cd11a5 and fixed in 5.10.143 with commit 910891a2a44c
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit d54725cd11a5 and fixed in 5.15.68 with commit 1ce55ec5cb7c
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit d54725cd11a5 and fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 94ed8eeb8d9a
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit d54725cd11a5 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 77972a36ecc4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48691
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/910891a2a44cdc49efcc4fe7459c1085ba00d0f4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1ce55ec5cb7c573c983dffbe290b8d17caf1f157
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94ed8eeb8d9aeb00e4f4e19b83a2e28b6442fbc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/77972a36ecc4db7fc7c68f0e80714263c5f03f65