Subject: CVE-2022-48690: ice: Fix DMA mappings leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ice: Fix DMA mappings leak

Fix leak, when user changes ring parameters.
During reallocation of RX buffers, new DMA mappings are created for
those buffers. New buffers with different RX ring count should
substitute older ones, but those buffers were freed in ice_vsi_cfg_rxq
and reallocated again with ice_alloc_rx_buf. kfree on rx_buf caused
leak of already mapped DMA.
Reallocate ZC with xdp_buf struct, when BPF program loads. Reallocate
back to rx_buf, when BPF program unloads.
If BPF program is loaded/unloaded and XSK pools are created, reallocate
RX queues accordingly in XDP_SETUP_XSK_POOL handler.

Steps for reproduction:
while :
do
	for ((i=0; i<=8160; i=i+32))
	do
		ethtool -G enp130s0f0 rx $i tx $i
		sleep 0.5
		ethtool -g enp130s0f0
	done
done

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48690 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 617f3e1b588c and fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 07f40e9f0ff3
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 617f3e1b588c and fixed in 6.0 with commit 7e753eb675f0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48690
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_base.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_main.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_xsk.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_xsk.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/07f40e9f0ff342eb3e97d5c544783b7cb641689c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e753eb675f0523207b184558638ee2eed6c9ac2