Subject: CVE-2022-48669: powerpc/pseries: Fix potential memleak in papr_get_attr()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/pseries: Fix potential memleak in papr_get_attr()

`buf` is allocated in papr_get_attr(), and krealloc() of `buf`
could fail. We need to free the original `buf` in the case of failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48669 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3c14b73454cf and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit a3f22feb2220
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3c14b73454cf and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 1699fb915b9f
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3c14b73454cf and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 7f7d39fe3d80
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3c14b73454cf and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit d0647c3e81ef
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit 3c14b73454cf and fixed in 6.9 with commit cda9c0d55628

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48669
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/papr_platform_attributes.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3f22feb2220a945d1c3282e34199e8bcdc5afc4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1699fb915b9f61794d559b55114c09a390aaf234
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f7d39fe3d80d6143404940b2413010cf6527029
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0647c3e81eff62b66d46fd4e475318cb8cb3610
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cda9c0d556283e2d4adaa9960b2dc19b16156bae