Subject: CVE-2022-48667: smb3: fix temporary data corruption in insert range

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb3: fix temporary data corruption in insert range

insert range doesn't discard the affected cached region
so can risk temporarily corrupting file data.

Also includes some minor cleanup (avoiding rereading
inode size repeatedly unnecessarily) to make it clearer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48667 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 7fe6fe95b936 and fixed in 5.19.12 with commit 0cdde8460c30
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 7fe6fe95b936 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 9c8b7a293f50

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48667
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/cifs/smb2ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0cdde8460c304283d4ebe3f767a70215d1ab9d4e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c8b7a293f50253e694f19161c045817a938e551