Subject: CVE-2022-48665: exfat: fix overflow for large capacity partition

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

exfat: fix overflow for large capacity partition

Using int type for sector index, there will be overflow in a large
capacity partition.

For example, if storage with sector size of 512 bytes and partition
capacity is larger than 2TB, there will be overflow.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48665 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 1b6138385499 and fixed in 5.19.12 with commit 17244f71765d
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 1b6138385499 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 2e9ceb6728f1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48665
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/exfat/fatent.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17244f71765dfec39e84493993993e896c376d09
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2e9ceb6728f1dc2fa4b5d08f37d88cbc49a20a62