Subject: CVE-2022-48661: gpio: mockup: Fix potential resource leakage when register a chip

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

gpio: mockup: Fix potential resource leakage when register a chip

If creation of software node fails, the locally allocated string
array is left unfreed. Free it on error path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48661 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 6fda593f3082 and fixed in 5.15.71 with commit 9b26723e058f
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 6fda593f3082 and fixed in 5.19.12 with commit 41f857033c44
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 6fda593f3082 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 02743c4091cc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48661
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpio/gpio-mockup.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9b26723e058faaf11b532fb4aa16d6849d581790
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41f857033c44442a27f591fda8d986e7c9e42872
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/02743c4091ccfb246f5cdbbe3f44b152d5d12933