Subject: CVE-2022-48654: netfilter: nfnetlink_osf: fix possible bogus match in nf_osf_find()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nfnetlink_osf: fix possible bogus match in nf_osf_find()

nf_osf_find() incorrectly returns true on mismatch, this leads to
copying uninitialized memory area in nft_osf which can be used to leak
stale kernel stack data to userspace.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48654 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 22c7652cdaa8 and fixed in 5.4.215 with commit 721ea8ac063d
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 22c7652cdaa8 and fixed in 5.10.146 with commit 5d75fef3e61e
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 22c7652cdaa8 and fixed in 5.15.71 with commit 816eab147e5c
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 22c7652cdaa8 and fixed in 5.19.12 with commit 633c81c04496
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 22c7652cdaa8 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 559c36c5a8d7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48654
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nfnetlink_osf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/721ea8ac063d70c2078c4e762212705de6151764
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d75fef3e61e797fab5c3fbba88caa74ab92ad47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/816eab147e5c6f6621922b8515ad9010ceb1735e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/633c81c0449663f57d4138326d036dc6cfad674e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/559c36c5a8d730c49ef805a72b213d3bba155cc8